* Precision Bass, P Bass, Jazz Bass, J Bass, and Fender are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instrument Corp. M&V Guitars & Pickups has no connection or afffiliation with Fender Musical Instrument Corp. or their mentioned products
** Music Man and Stingray are registered trademarks of Ernie Ball Inc. M&V has no connection or affiliation with Ernie Ball Inc., Music Man, or any of their mentioned products.
New American Classics
EMAIL - copy & paste: email@example.com if your security settings prevent the Contact button from working
Interested in learning more about us?
Dennis MacPherson and Joe Vervoordt discuss test results of a series of experimental rodbucker pickups in 2008.
M&V Rodbuckers fitted to Steve Brown's (Trixter, Stereo Fallout) custom Learn guitar.
Steve Brown rocking with Trixter and
M&V Rodbucker pickups in 2009
Joe plays Mule 1 (a test-bed guitar with most of the back removed, to make swapping pickups easy).
Tonemaster Bass at Ludlow Guitars, NYC .
In the pipeline - the Super model gets a major re-design with 3 split single coil pickups, Strat* style controls, and locking tremolo
M&V Guitars & Pickups - Ringwood, NJ 07456
Titans, Supers and M2s in process
Mule 1 gets yet more pickups to test.
Supertone J - replacement Jazz* Bass pickups - more punch, mids, bottom and flatter frequency output. Thicker Jazz Bass sound.
Direct retrofit for American Standard, Mexico and Japan J* Basses - no modification required. Noiseless humbucking 12K ohm AlNiCo
"Supertone J" pickups $120 each or $220 per pair.
The Jz Bass has arrived! Faster action, fatter sound, infinite flexibility - Here's the brand new M&V Jz Bass shown below a typical Fender 5 string Jazz Bass body and neck for comparison. It's our take on the popular Jazz bass recipe. It's tough to improve on the venerable J bass, but the result is a much more versatile, comfortable and playable bass. It features:
- a shorter 32 inch fretboard for increased speed and playabilty and ZERO neck dive
- reversed headstock making the B string the longest, and therefore the tightest of any bass. Why go to a 35 inch scale to get tight, focused B tone?
- More offset body than a Fender Jazz Bass. It's more comfortable to play, and we think it looks cooler.
- John East 3 band active boost and cut pre-amp with sweep-able mid controls let you dial your bass into any room or setting.
- M&V Atlas P style and Supertone J style pickups in the P and J bass locations yield all the classic sounds plus a lot more.
- slim shallow C assymmetric neck profile and 1.5 inch wide nut on the five string version is super comfortable - custom profiles are available