Subtly radical - It's our take on the popular Jazz bass recipe. It's tough to improve on the venerable J bass, but the result is a much more versatile, comfortable and playable bass. It features:
- the fattest and most well-defined sounding B and E strings on the planet - the reversed headstock makes the B and E strings the longest, and tightest-sounding of any bass. Why go to a 35 inch scale to get tight, focused B tone?
- a shorter 32 inch fretboard for increased speed and playabilty and ZERO neck dive
- more offset body than a Fender Jazz Bass. It's more comfortable to play, and we think it looks even cooler.
- John East 3 band active boost and cut electronics with sweepable mid controls let you dial your bass into any room or setting.
- M&V Atlas P style and Supertone J style pickups in the P and J bass locations yield all the classic sounds plus a lot more.
- slim shallow C asymmetric neck profile and 1.5 inch nut on the five string version is super comfortable.
Although all M&V products are essentially custom instruments, our basic recipe usually includes:
Individually selected quarter sawn one piece maple neck
One piece premium quality alder body
Hand-cut unbleached Bison bone nut
Hipshot Ultralight tuners
M&V Atlas & Supertone J wide range pickup set
Fender premium quality intermediate weight bridge
Stainless Steel dual action truss rod
Ultra thin lacquer finish
Easy-access Gotoh battery box
Oversize strap buttons
Choice of fretboard and inlay materials
MSRP - $4100 as shown with 5A flame maple top over 1 piece swamp ash body, gold hardware, cocobolo fretboard and turquoise inlays. - base price $3650 - contact us for a price quote for your particular combination of options.